Causes and symptoms I've found

I have done hundreds of hours of research into what causes dermatographia. If there is an article or blog post on line, chances are that I have read it. And the sad part is that most of the people writing about dermatographia has never experienced it before. That is where I am different.

That was all the motivation I needed to learn about my causes, and talk to others about their condition. Over time I learned that in the middle of difficult times I could still find instant relief with things like cold packs and Solarcaine.

The consensus from most people seems to be that it is caused by a combination of genetics, poor diet, stress, and your environment. Some say that it is completely caused by a virus. Others believe that it is brought on by a chronic issue with your immune system or some type of acute traumatic event that your body could not respond to you.

I know what causes my dermatographia, because I have experienced it first hand. I have scratched my skin without thinking, only to find myself feeling what almost could be described as torture. Almost as if you were constantly getting stung by an insect or that you feel in poison ivy.